Friday, January 18, 2008

Basketball Showdown

I was looking forward to today, not because I was suddenly interested in studying, but due to the fact that this was another day where during recess, my class was going to have a basketball showdown. I came to school as per normal and when the recess bell rang; I was suddenly as energetic as a baboon. In a blink of an eye, I was in my PE attire and I ran as fast as my leg could carry me towards the basketball court. In a moment, the match had started. I was assigned the role of small forward but as nobody was willing to defend, I went to guard the net. On several occasions, the opposing team broke through but I took them on and won the ball, scoring a total of 4 blocks and 3 snatches and 4 successful shots. I was proud of myself, scoring and defending at the same time. In the final moment, I took the ball and charged towards the hoop, did a lay up and scored the final finishing touch. Praise God that I perform up to my own expectations finally. I hope that in future, I will still be as good as I am today.

No comments: